Post- Carnival Cold and Flu Prevention Tips
Now that Carnival is over, the aftermath leaves many tired, run-down, and worst of all – sick!
This month, T&T experienced an influx of tourists for the festival. They’re not done yet, since these visitors continue to journey along various other Caribbean islands (sorry, Barbados). Unfortunately, moving people means moving illnesses, too.
Here are some easy and effective tips to help you reduce your chances of contracting the latest cold or flu.
- Watch your diet: food is the best medicine. Stock up on supplements if your meals aren’t full of colourful, plant-based foods. Focus on your vitamin C and vitamin B12 intake in particular.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth as viruses are easily spread this way.
- Avoid contact with sick people. This also means you – if you are ill, stay at home! It will keep everyone safe in the end.
- Don’t place handbags, purses or phones on counter tops in restrooms, as these can pick up germs easily and pass them on to you.
- Sanitize your phone regularly.
- Wash your hands as often as you can with soap and warm water. Pay attention to the spots between your fingers and under your fingernails.
If you do happen to get the cold or flu, remember to get lots of rest and stay hydrated.