The Common House Pests in Caribbean.
Do you want to know which are the most common pests found around the home?
Take a look at the Top 10 Pests most commonly found in Trinidad properties.
Our professional services protect your home and family from the wily ways of pests. For the ultimate peace of mind, find out more about our Products and Services, which give you absolute protection from common flying and crawling insects and household pests including termites!
Call us on 868 633-7517 for advice or a free survey.
- Termites: Half of Trinidad homes will have termites in their lifetime! They are Trinidad’s most destructive pests with the average damage caused to a home between $7,000 – $8,000 – and it’s not covered by most home insurance policies!
- Mice: House mice are active all year, nesting in warm, quiet places like lofts or cavity walls. They constantly gnaw, damaging furnishings & chewing packaging to access food. Mice are known to spread disease.
- Cockroaches: Cockroaches like to live in warm homes, kitchens and wall cavities. They often come out after dark, feeding on any type of food and they may carry diseases.
- Flies: Whether they’re bluebottles or fruit flies, these pests can carry a wide range of diseases including food poisoning bacteria.
- Rats: Black Rats are the most common in Trinidad. Signs of infestation include droppings, smear marks and teeth marks on electric cables, which can be a fire hazard. Rats are also known to spread diseases.
- Wasps: Wasps can become a problem in your garden & can enter homes through open windows. Large wasp nests can contain over 25,000 wasps. Nests can be found in lofts, wall cavities, trees, bushes and underground.
- Textile Pests: Common Clothes Moths can be a real nuisance in the home. They lay sticky eggs on natural clothing. Their white caterpillar larvae do the damage by eating clothes, carpets and upholstery and can be very destructive.
- Bed Bugs: Contrary to their name, bed bugs can also be found in cracks & crevices. They feed on human blood & are very difficult to control as they spread quickly. Professional services are recommended to get rid of bed bugs in your home.