Why Routine Janitorial Inspections are so Important
The Importance of Janitorial Inspections
Inspections will provide critical information to your cleaning crew about the needs of the building. This will help them to perform the highest quality of work while ensuring that small problems do not turn into big ones. The cleaning company’s practices should be efficient and professional while being cost effective to you.
A janitorial inspection should never be used as punishment toward a cleaning crew. It should motivate and support the crew to do the best possible job while servicing your business. While mistakes or small oversights may still happen occasionally, regular inspections will reduce inadequacies and errors.
What Janitorial Inspections Provide for You
A janitorial inspection benefits the cleaning crew by encouraging the best quality of work, but it also provides advantages to you as the business owner. The major points covered in an inspection include the following:
• Communication. Every person on the cleaning crew will know exactly what they need to do and how to do it. They will also know how to communicate effectively with you.
• Expectations. Outlining priorities and which duties are the most important in the maintenance of your business is another benefit of a janitorial inspection.
• Standards. If the cleaning service has not been meeting your standards, the crew will be made aware of where they need to improve and exactly what you expect to see each day.
• Accountability. When a cleaning crew knows regular inspections will be performed, their work quality will go up. It is simple psychology that people will always do a better job if they know they are being watched.
• Reliability. When expectations are being clearly communicated, and your standards are being consistently met, you will have a reliable group of people to take care of your building.
The Importance of a Clean Building
While having a high-quality cleaning crew is vital
for your commercial property, it also important to think of your employees and
customers. When a janitorial inspection reveals neglected areas, the
accumulated dirt, debris, bacteria and fungi can make for subpar indoor air
quality. Your workers may become ill, and your customers may complain, which
can hurt the reputation of your business. This is another consideration for
hiring a quality cleaning company.
When you have a clean, sanitary building, everybody wins. You have a property you can be proud of, your workers are healthy and productive, and your customers are happy.